Sending You Love
Hello!
Today I decided to make a card using several products from Altenew and a new technique that I just learned from Altenew's class 'Irresistible Inking Techniques' as part of my continuing participation in their educator certification program. After watching the lessons, I decided to use my ink pads in two ways: using a brayer to apply ink to the cardstock and to edge the cardstock with the ink pad. I have a brayer that I purchased eons ago for some other reason and never really used it so I was excited to learn this technique. I will explain my process further below.
For the background panel, I used low tack tape to tape an 8 1/2" x 11" smooth cardstock onto my work surface. Next, I grabbed my lightest blue ink pad to press some ink alongside the cardstock onto my work surface. I used a spray bottle to lightly spray some clean water onto the ink. I then used my brayer and rolled it over the ink and made sure that the whole roller was inked. I then rolled that onto the cardstock, in various directions reapplying the ink as I went along. This gave a random pattern of splotches as well as different shades of ink depending on how much water was used.
After letting that dry for a few moments, I cut the cardstock into four panels measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2 card size). I selected the panel I liked the best and then using the same ink pad, I scraped the pad in a downward motion along the edges only. This provided a thin, rustic look to the edge without needing to use another cardstock panel.
Next, I die cut the magnolia dies from white cardstock and then ink blended each layer using three shades of pinks. Gluing the layers together was a breeze because of Altenew's easy instructions.
While the glue was drying on the magnolias, I die cut the waffle die and frames and laid them onto the panel to give me an idea how to proceed further. After a moment or so for the magnolias to dry, I laid them onto the frames which were pretty, but I felt that it needed some leaves. Since leaves didn't come with the magnolia die set, I improvised and used layering stamps from another set that I had. After inking and die cutting several leaves, I moved them around the frame and underneath the magnolias. Once I was satisfied with the placement, I taped the magnolias and the leaves together with low tack tape, and removed them from the frame so I can glue them together. For the magnolia on the right, I glued three leaves directly onto the panel since I liked where they were placed.
I took the black frame and glued that directly onto the panel. For the waffle die, I adhered that to the back of the white frame and cut off the excess. I added some foam strips behind the white frame before adding that inside the black frame.
Finishing the card, I glued the magnolias onto the frame with the one on the right tucked under the waffle die a little bit. I inked the sentiment in black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Using black ink coordinated well with the black frame.
Products used:
Altenew:
- Delicate Magnolia Layering Die Set
- Pretty Pansies Layering Stamps (for the leaves only)
- Piped Waffle Die
- Bold Sentiments Stamp Set
- Inks: Iceburg (for the background panel), Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Razzleberry, Minty Mint, Sweet Leaf, Just Green, Hunter Green
LOVE this!
ReplyDelete