Team Apple Pie or Team Pumpkin Pie?
Happy Thanksgiving!
Holidays are quickly approaching and I'm beginning to prepare cards for the holidays and planning the menus.
I love celebrating Thanksgiving. It really kicks in the holiday season. Gathering around with family and friends for some yummy food, laughing, and planning Christmas events is something I look forward to every year.
So the question is - are you team apple pie or pumpkin pie for the dessert table? To be honest, I really don't care for apple pie but I enjoy eating the crust 😊 so I'm team pumpkin pie all the way! Although, a pecan pie sometimes makes an appearance 😉
For this yummy looking Thanksgiving card, I decided to include both so everyone gets a piece!
Using Kat Scrappiness's Perfect Pie Maker Dies and Perfect Pie Maker Add On dies, I made three pumpkin and one apple pie. I die cut the crust pieces onto kraft colored cardstock and ink blended a dark cocoa color to add some toastiness to the crust. I die cut the pumpkin pie with orange cardstock and then ink blended a darker orange by the crust area since that's where it is darker when it comes out of the oven. After adhering all the pie pieces together, I laid down some Glossy Accents onto the crust to give it that golden shine!
For the two white panels, I die cut them out using the Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle Dies from Kat Scrappiness. For the smaller panel, I heat embossed Sparkling Sand Embossing Powder from WOW! which adds that little bit of sparkle.
I cut a triangle out of the pumpkin pie and glued that triangle onto the pie server which was die cut out with metallic silver cardstock.
I then glued the apple pie and pumpkin die directly onto the smaller card panel and popped up the pie server, the red pie plate, and the pumpkin pie slice with foam tape to add dimension.
I cut a piece of black and white gingham pattern paper from the Farmhouse cardstock pack from Kat Scrappiness and a small strip of black cardstock.
I glued the black and white pattern paper down first onto the large panel. I added more foam tape to the pie panel and adhered that onto the panel next. I applied glue alongside the pattern paper and adhered the black strip. I cut off the excess and repeated the steps for the other three sections. By cutting one long strip of black cardstock ensured that all four sections were the same size and it also saved on cutting the cardstock four times, especially since I only needed four small pieces.
I then added the white whipped topping after it was all assembled.
For the sentiment, I used a stamp from Kat Scrappiness in the Happy Fall Y'All stamp set and heat embossed that with white embossing powder onto black cardstock. The die I used was from Gina K master layouts 2.
Products used from Kat Scrappiness (www.katscrappiness.com)
- Perfect Pie Maker Dies
- Perfect Pie Maker Add Ons Craft Dies
- Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle Dies
- Farmhouse 6x6 Double Sided Premium Cardstock
- Happy Fall Y'All Stamp Set
- Master Layouts 2 from Gina K Designs
- Sparking Sand Embossing Powder from WOW!
- Fine Detail White Embossing Powder from Gina K Designs


Comments
Post a Comment