Hello, thank you for stopping by!
For my second class of Altenew's Educator Certification Program, I chose Easy Ink Blending Techniques. After reviewing the lessons and going through my supplies, I decided to try the faux water coloring and emboss resist techniques which gave this card an artsy and rustic feel.
I started out using white water color paper and then white heat embossed the plumeria stamp using white embossing powder.
As I was letting that set and cool off, I picked out different shades of inks for the flowers and the leaves. Starting with the flowers, I used a light yellow for the outer petals and a light pink for the inside petals. Once they were dry, I followed up with a darker yellow and a darker pink for added depth. I made sure not to work it too much so the colors wouldn't get muddy looking. I followed the same steps for the leaves using different greens. I did these steps a couple times until I liked the results.
After looking at the panel, I decided to add some ink blending around the flowers. I took the lightest green ink pad and did a little ink blending towards the bottom left corner. Next, I used a very light peachy color ink and lightly ink blended around the flowers and then up towards the left hand side of the panel.
I also used one of the pink inks mixed with a little water and flicked some light splatter spots across the panel and made sure not too much so it didn't distract from the flowers or the sentiment.
Using a frame die cut to help me decide how I wanted the flowers to appear on the card, I die cut the panel with the flowers in the bottom left corner.
I then stamped the sentiment just above the flowers. I liked how it was in a larger font and I felt it balanced well with the flowers.
I added some foam squares behind the panel to pop it up on top of a Kraft colored cardstock giving the flower panel a nice frame before gluing them to a white card base.
And finally, I added some clear gem embellishments.
Water coloring is a technique I often do not think of using and it's a little out of my comfort zone, so, I look forward to honing in on this technique in further classes. But after watching the lesson, I felt comfortable enough to try it out and I really like how it turned out.
Products used:
Altenew:
- Exotic Plumeria Stamp (there are matching stencils and dies but I only used the stamp)
- Dynamic Duo Painted Blossom Sentiment Stamp (this set comes with a stencil to make beautiful flowers but I only used the sentiment)
I hope this card inspires you to try something new and out of your comfort zone too!



So very pretty!
ReplyDelete