Happy Anniversary Card
Hello again crafty friends!
Today's project for my next installment for the Altenew's Educator Certification Program is for the class 'Let It Shine' which guided me on adding glittery, sparkly, shiny techniques to cards to add that additional WOW factor. This class was right up my alley because if you know me personally, you know I love the bling! But finding that comfy spot between what is too much or too little can be a struggle because adding too much can be distracting or disliked by the recipient. This card definitely has shine but using different techniques didn't make the card too overwhelming but provided a nice warm feeling.
The first technique I used was heat embossing with gold embossing powder. I stamped the Dainty Swiss Dots stamp on white card stock with VersaMark ink, applied gold embossing powder onto the inked image and then heat set with the heat gun. I then cut down the dainty swiss dots panel to a smaller size and added two thin strips of gold cardstock to either side before gluing it down to the card base.
I used the same techniques to do the flowers and the sentiment. However, for the 'happy anniversary' sentiment, I used black embossing powder instead of gold. I used the coordinating dies to die cut the flowers. I used one size of arch dies to cut out the sentiment and the next larger arch die to cut gold cardstock for the shadow layer, and then glued those two arches together. And finally, I then applied foam tape behind the arches and to the flowers for added dimension before adding them to the card.
To add even more shine, I added some gold embellishments and used a gold glitter pen to add the dots to the center of the flowers.
Finally, I used my glitter aqua brush over the flowers to add some subtle shine. And to my surprise, when I brushed the pen over the gold glitter dots in the center of the flowers, it turned the centers a light yellow color. A nice surprise as I like the added color.
Heat embossing is such a fun technique and using different colors of embossing powder will certainly had some fun color and shine to your project!
Products used:
Altenew:
- Stunning Cosmos (for the flowers and sentiment)
- Dainty Swiss Dots (for the background)



Hi there, the inlinkz has no name or group number so I am not sure who this card belongs to :) Could you please email me with your name, group name and class name, so I can update my sheet? Beautiful card btw!
ReplyDeleteHi Erum! I just updated the inLinkz. Sorry about that.
Deleteno worries :) thanks so much for fixing the link!
Delete