Hello again crafty friend!

Today, I am sharing a pretty in pink birthday card.  I used some techniques I learned from the next class 'All About Layering 4' in the Altenew Educator Certification Program that I am participating in.  I was inspired to make my own patterned background and a new way to use washi tape.


Using the Stunning Cosmos stamp set, I stamped each first layer with a light pink ink followed by a darker pink for the second layer.  I then used a yellow ink for inside the flower and a brown color for the final layer which added more detail to the inside of the flower.  I also stamped several stems with a medium tone green and added a little darker green using an alcohol marker just under where the flower is to add shading.  

For the white panel behind the flowers, I stamped 'happy birthday' from Altenew's Birthday Builder stamp set repeatedly in a zigzag pattern.  At first I used a black ink, then a gray ink, but I wasn't happy with the results as I felt the colors were too harsh. I settled on a very light pink which didn't distract from the flowers. I then used a glitter brush pen to go over the stamped letters which added a glittery shine when the card is moved.


For the 'friend' sentiment, I put washi tape onto a piece of white scrap cardstock, laid the die so that the top of the word is partially on the washi tape and then die cut that out.  I then die cut the friend die two more times without the washi tape and glued that behind first die cut for dimension.  With the shadow layer of the friend die, I die cut that out with velum paper.  I then glued the friend die cut onto the shadow velum die cut.

Now that I have the main focal points completed, I need to make the layers for the panels.  I matched pink cardstock to the flowers and cut that down to a size that allowed a nice white border around it on the card base. I then cut the happy birthday panel about a quarter of an inch smaller on each side so that will be framed by the pink cardstock.

I then laid the flowers out onto the happy birthday panel to see how I would like them placed.  Once I did, I used low tack tape across them so they stayed in place as I turned them over and added some foam squares.  I then turned them back over and placed them onto the panel and trimmed off the excess.  When I added the friend sentiment, I noticed that the left side of the word needed support, so I added some foam squares to that side so it laid across the panel and flowers nicely without warping.


This card is loaded with dimension by adding layers of extra die cuts and foam squares and can be personalized by changing the colors to reflect the recipients favorite color.

Altenew products used:
  • Timeless Sentiments Die Set
  • Stunning Cosmos Stamp Set
  • Birthday Builder Stamp Set
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the card!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In The Mood For Color

Color Your Day!

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!