Teacher Appreciation Card

Hello Crafty Friends!

As the school year is coming close to ending, it's time to start working on those teacher cards!  For my eighth class participating in Altenew's Educator Certification Program, the class was "Easy Die Cutting Techniques".  I love making my own backgrounds and embossing with dies is right up my alley!  I used that technique for this card:


I lined up letter dies and made sure they would cover the whole panel.  For this card, I started at letter 'a' and ended at letter 'n'.  I then taped all of them together using low tack tape.  I ran those through my die cutting machine but I followed the instructions for embossing instead of die cutting.  Embossing dies does not cut the paper but rather leaves the impression of the die into the paper.



I trimmed the panel down to apply onto a black panel for a thin black border tying in the sentiment color.

Next, I stamped the 'teacher' stamp, heat embossed that, and die cut it with the coordinating die, as well as three more blank ones.  I then glued all four layers together.  I repeated the process for the sentiment "to the world's best".

Next, I made the apple with four shades of red (light to dark) using Altenew's Stampwheel 2.0 which makes layering stamps a breeze.  I die cut the apple out with the coordinating die along with three blank ones and glued them all together.  I used my glitter brush pen to add some sparkle on top of the apple as well.


I then glued them onto the dry embossed panel to finish the card.

The dry embossed background added great texture and the layered die cuts added dimension.

Products used:

Altenew:
  • Bold Alphabet Set
  • Educators Rule Layering Stamp Set and Coordinating Dies
Do you have a teacher in mind that would love this card? Write a little handwritten thank you note inside (and maybe a gift card to a coffee shop 😉) as a thank you for their hard work, guidance, and patience throughout the school year.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will make a similar card to this and give to that special teacher!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In The Mood For Color

Color Your Day!

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!