Don't Forget to Smile!

Hello!

Today, I'd like to share with you a card I made for Kat Scrappiness.  I was recently invited to join their Design Team (Creative Crew) and I am so excited to continue my crafting journey with them.

This card was a pretty quick card to make and it's so bright and cheerful I'm sure it would make someone's day!

Here is the card I will be discussing in further detail below:


Products used by Kat Scrappiness:

  • Fine Line Flowers Craft Dies
  • Don't Forget To Smile Shadow Sentiment Craft Dies
  • Sparkling Seashore Embellishment Mix
Other products used:
  • Black glitter cardstock from Spellbinders
  • Vellum from Lawn Fawn
  • Inks by Simons Says Stamp
First, I die cut the fine line flowers using heavy weight cardstock.  Next, I used a white card panel and laid the largest flower in one corner.  To make this a very cheerful card, I used the colors of the rainbow.  I started with a red ink and inked over the die cut flower.  I then repeated this step, using the same die cut, or one of the others, and inked them in rainbow color order to complete the panel.

I then cut the black glitter card stock and the flower panel into two smaller layers and glued them together.  I placed a heavy weight on top so the glue can adhere and dry.

As that was drying, I worked on the sentiment.  Since the card is so colorful and there is a black glitter border, I wanted to connect the sentiment and the border to tie it all together.  I die cut the top layer with the same black glitter cardstock and glued that on top of two other die cuts for added dimension.  I wanted the background to show behind the sentiment so for the shadow layer, I used vellum to die cut the shadow layer and then adhered the sentiment.

Before adding the completed sentiment to the card, I placed small pieces of foam tape behind some of the letters so it wouldn't show through the vellum.  After removing the protective paper from the foam tape, I centered the sentiment on to the card and gently pressed down so it would adhere.

For a little sparkle, I added some gems around the sentiment.

Helpful hints:

To save on your glitter paper, you can die cut the sentiment on the same panel used for the card, or use a square die cut to cut out the center and save for another use.  The flower panel covers up whatever was die cut previously so no one will notice.

Before placing the sentiment permanently on the card, add some liquid glue onto the foam tape.  Line up where you want the sentiment to be placed on the card.  If you need to make some adjustments to line it up, the liquid glue will give you some time to make them before drying completely.

Using your die cuts or products in other techniques or ways not originally intended, stretches your supplies and gives new life to old ones!

I hope you enjoyed todays card and...don't forget to smile!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In The Mood For Color

Color Your Day!

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!