An early start to Christmas Cards!

Hello Again!

Well, it's Christmas Card planning in my little card making world!

This card is so pretty. It gives the look of a shaker card, but surprise - it's really not!


As a Creative Crew Team Member for Kat Scrappiness, I was so excited for their new product releases.  From their new release for this card I used Kats Essential Builder Dies 2 and the Fine Line Flowers Craft Dies.  Even though it says flowers, the smallest die looks similar to small snowflakes.  So I decided to make a Merry Christmas card.

For the background panel, I used their Stitch Swirling Snow Background Craft die and die cut with white cardstock.  I also used white cardstock to die cut the Builder Die #2.

For the blue snowflakes, I did not have any blue glitter cardstock so I needed to be creative.  I have their Glitter Mousse in the Blue Shabby Color and spread that onto white cardstock and let that dry overnight.

The next day, I die cut the smallest flower several times with my new blue glitter cardstock and also in vellum paper.  I adhered one of each behind the smaller squares with glue and let that dry for a little bit.  I trimmed off any excess flower pieces that overlapped into the next square.

For the middle of the card, I cut a piece of vellum paper and heat embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder.  I then glued that also to the back of the builder die panel.

I added some foam tape behind the builder die panel and adhered that to my stitched swirling snow background panel.

To add some more interest and shine, I added some of Kat's Silver Solid Snowflake Sequins around the middle sentiment section, tucking them under the cardstock.  I then did the same for the smaller squares but adhered them onto the background panel which gave the card an additional layer of dimension.

Such a fun card to put together.  Kat Scrappiness products die cut beautifully and they work so well together.  You can find these products and more at www.katscrappiness.com.

Products used:

  • Stitched Swirling Snow Background Craft Die
  • Reindeer Sentiments
  • Silver Solid Snowflake Sequins
  • Kats Essential Card Builder Dies 2
  • Fine Line Flowers Craft Dies
  • Glitter Mousse in Blue Shabby
Thank you for stopping by and feel free to leave a friendly comment 😀!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In The Mood For Color

Color Your Day!

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!