Cuppa Joe Gift Card Tag

Who loves to wake up in the morning and grab that wonderful, delicious cup of coffee?  I know I sure do!  But sometimes, I'm running late, or ran out of creamer ๐Ÿ˜ž.  So what then?  I check my gift card stash and yippee...there's a gift card from my favorite local coffee shop!  Now, wouldn't you love to give that same joy to someone by giving them a gift card in a special gift card holder?

That's what I created here:


Kat Scrappiness recently had a fantastic release of products which I used only two to make this holder.

  • Cuppa Joe Gift Card Tag Die - 9 dies to cut everything here (and a stirrer/straw not shown)
  • Brew-Tiful Beans 6x6 stencil
First, I die cut the tag die on white card stock and stenciled the part that will be shown on top using three shades of brown and one a burnt reddish color to add some color to the design.  Using what was left on my brown ink blending brush, I lightly ink blended the sides of the cup.  I set that aside to work on the rest.

Using kraft cardstock, I die cut the coffee cup liner, the scalloped circle, and the two coffee beans.  I used my old handy dandy paper crimper to give the coffee cup liner a corrugated look and feel.  Since the beans needed a little shading, I added some ink to the edges.

I then die cut the small heart and the small circle from white card stock.  I glued the heart directly onto the primped paper.  I glued the two coffee beans onto the small white circle and put foam tape squares behind it before adhering that to the scalloped circle.

For the coffee cup lid, I die cut them with a dark cocoa cardstock.  For the top part of the cup, I ink blended black ink on both sides and above the rim of the cup but it's a little hard to see in the picture, but you can see it in real life.  For the rim of the cup, I used foam tape behind to give the lid some dimension.  I glued the rim to coffee lid base and glued that onto the tag.

Using a glitter brush pen, I brushed that over all the beans including the two on the small tag.


I added a brown eyelet to the top of the tag and then tied the brown and white twine from my messy bin of ribbon.

When I went to add the small tag, I noticed that the twine would show on the back and possibly come loose.  To fix that, I die cut another scalloped circle with the same kraft cardstock.  I added double sided sticky tape to the backs of the scalloped circles, removed the protective liner, and laid the twine on one and sandwiched it together using the other scallop circle.  I put a small knot in the middle of the twine but that's not necessary.  It was just a little long for what I was doing here.

To finish the gift card holder, I glued the liner onto the front and made sure that the edges were lined up perfectly.

Well, the gift card holder is finished, now it just needs the gift card added.



This was fun to put together and definitely versatile to switch it up to tea, smoothie, or maybe some hot cocoa!

If you haven't checked out Kat Scrappiness products, please take a look.  There are so many great products to choose from.  www.katscrappiness.com

Thank you for stopping by and let me know in the comments below what coffee flavor is your favorite.  Pumpkin Spice season is right around the corner๐Ÿ˜€

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In The Mood For Color

Color Your Day!

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!